Far, far away where the night sky is pure darkness and the stars shine like bright diamonds, guests experience magical memories in Camel Beach House’s ocean nest - an absolute private getaway and nature sanctuary.
Standing on deck out-front, the roaring Southern Ocean calls all to wander Camel Beach’s long golden sands to the ancient headlands, full of sea birds and siren pools. Salty sea-dog days diving for abalone, swimming, cooking, and lounging around reading the shamelessly splendid book collection. Memories of warm, sun-kissed skin covered in sand crystals.
Turn the other way, out-back, the desert scrub and sand dunes are endless, and enchanting. The magical light of dawn and dusk falls across the coastal salt bushes, soaking everything in those gorgeous desert pinks.
At night, the glow from the Milky Way fills the heart, as you watch the silver moonbeams reflect off the sea. The rolling swell rocks you to sleep, into the deepest dreams. You're in a precious place, to recharge and explore. The privacy of this sanctuary is breathtaking, it’s for those whose wanderlust loves 'the wild things.'
About your stay
- You’re in a 250 acre conservation sanctuary, total privacy, no tan lines honey
- A rustic modern nest inspired by the iconic wild west fisherman’s shack
- The nest is a architectural box that embraces offgrid sustainable design and green living
- Sun energy (solar panels) + rainwater from the heavens (tanks) - please be water wise
- By design, a sprinkle of digital detox - no TV, download your flicks before travel
- TELSTRA gets your WiFi best coverage in remote Oz
- Full of treasures, book collection, games + art
- Two queen size beds. One bathroom. Max 4 guests
- Textiles from Mexico, Open Society, Pony Rider + Romance Was Born
- We’re country style, get down and lounge on the swags
- Marshall Stanmore speaker – crank it up, live like a Rockstar
- Combustion fire and wood supply
- The Palm Springs inspired cactus collection loves a water - if you feel inclined
- Children welcome + please take care of our treasures
- Pooches by request
- Mount Camel Beach GPS https://mapcarta.com/28776106/Map
- Travelling to the sanctuary is approx 7 hours drive from Adelaide, 2 hours from Port Lincoln, 45min from Streaky Bay
- Qantas+Rex Airlines operate flights daily from Adelaide to Port Lincoln